Everything You Need to Know Before Starting IVF
“Enter the delightful realm of motherhood with us!” – Mediworld.
A diagnosis of infertility or sub-fertility can affect the emotional potency of almost anyone. Most people, in this scenario, tend to go through a series of depression or agitation that distresses their health even more. However, owing to the evolution of reproductive science, various treatment procedures, such as IVF, can aid couples effectively. If performed meticulously and purposefully, in-vitro fertilization can, indeed, help an individual to conceive successfully. Nonetheless, as the procedure is quite complicated, here, we’ll be enlisting several things to know before starting IVF. Hopefully, it will be significant enough for you and your partner in the quest of becoming successful parents. So, without making any further ado, let’s begin our journey right away!
While it is true that IVF pregnancies come with their fair share of risks and complications, none of them are subjective to just the treatment. These risks can very well affect a couple that has conceived their baby naturally without any fertility treatments
Here, we will be discussing everything one should know about normal deliveries in IVF and the differences between these procedures from a normal pregnancy.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if a topic catches your eye
- First Things First, You Need To Research About It
- General Health Checkup Is Necessary
- Know About The Procedure
- You Have To Be Patient Throughout The Process
- Choosing A Right Clinic Is Important
- Take Away
First Things First, You Need To Research about It
As mentioned before, the in-vitro fertilization procedure is pretty complex and convoluted. Therefore, an individual needs to have several questions to ask before IVF. However, if you do not want to confront a specialist at the beginning, then you will need to do scrupulous research about it. Here are some insights on the treatment that might be noteworthy for everyone.
- IVF can potentially help with several infertility issues, such as endometriosis, ovulation issues, damaged fallopian tubes, low sperm count, etc
- The overall cost of the procedure is yet another crucial thing to know before starting IVF. It, sequentially, will help the patient to manage the budget appropriately.
- To go through IVF, an individual needs to be physically fit and vigorous. Nevertheless, you may have to stop exercising a few months before undergoing the procedure.
- Drinking or taking too much caffeine might affect the procedure’s natural effectiveness. So, you may have to lower your consumption of the same before undergoing IVF. Researching about what food to eat before IVF might be beneficial for you as well.
- Age can, sometimes, be a prominent deciding factor for the success of IVF. Hence, it would be better for you to consult with a doctor about the same before coming up with a decision.
In addition to these, you will also need to learn more about the process before starting IVF. It is quite intricate. Thus, having a clear idea about the same might aid a person to elucidate their expectation regarding it.
As of now, there are three different types of IVF available – conventional IVF, Mild IVF (Mini IVF), and Natural IVF. Each of these procedures are distinctly different from each other. Thus, the questions to ask before IVF might vary depending on the one you have chosen amongst them.
General Health Checkup Is Necessary
Maintaining proper and invigorating health is necessary for undergoing a successful IVF treatment in Delhi. Thus, to learn more about your health, going through a general health checkup becomes necessary for you. For instance, you may have to undergo the following tests before starting IVF –
- Ovarian Reserve Testing (it involves taking a small amount of blood sample to evaluate the level of FSH or Follicle Stimulating Hormone)
- A common assessment of your uterus’ health (done through the ultrasound technology to unearth if the uterus is damaged or not)
- Tubal Patency Test (includes a specialized ultrasound procedure, which offers a clear image of one’s fallopian tube)
- Semen Evaluation (if a male individual is going to involve himself in the IVF, then he will need to undergo this procedure)
Additionally, the female participant will also need to undergo a Prolactin test to evaluate its amount in her body. If you want to know anything else regarding the same, then be sure to list them on your list of “questions to ask before IVF”.
Know About the Procedure
Aside from the aforementioned topics, there are several other things to know before starting IVF for everyone. In this section, you will learn about the steps included in the procedure. An IVF treatment usually follows a five-step modus operandi, which are –
- Stimulation: During the stimulation period, the doctor will provide fertility drugs to the female participant to increase egg production. Using more than a single zygote usually augments the chance of success
- Egg Retrieval: Also known as follicular aspiration, the egg retrieval procedure generally involves the doctor acquiring eggs from the uterus with a needle. He/she might use ultrasound to guide the medical tool through one’s vagina.
- Insemination: After the eggs are retrieved, the male partner will need to provide his semen sample promptly. A technician, then, will merge the same with the expected-to-be zygotes in a medical container. In case it is unable to form an embryo, the physician might use ICSI for the same
- Embryo Culture: After the merging, the physician will monitor the fertilization of the eggs closely. He/she may also consider evaluating their genetic condition through various tests.
- Transfer: Once the embryos get matured, they will be implanted in the body of the female participant. It is usually done by inserting a catheter into her uterus through the cervix.
You Have To Be Patient throughout the Process
As stated previously, the IVF procedure can be considerably lengthier due to its overall functioning. Besides, the failure rate of the same is pretty high as well. So, it might not give positive results the first time. So, you will need to undergo more than a single cycle to conceive successfully. However, there is no need to be anxious about failure. If you are positive about your health and ready to wait patiently, you will definitely succeed in the end. Just be sure to have a clear idea about what not to do before IVF and you will be safe
Choosing a Right Clinic Is Important
In addition to being cautious and careful, you will also need to choose the best IVF Clinic for the procedure. They will answer almost all of your questions to ask before IVF. Moreover, the ideal clinic can also offer some crucialtips before starting IVF. Here are a few things that you will need to assess before choosing any particular option.
- The overall experience of the doctor (should be over 10 years)
- Their success rate
- The tools and technologies used in the procedure
- The efficiency of the medical team
Becoming a parent is, indeed, a delightful moment for almost everyone. However, in some cases, infertility can pose a burden for them. In case your life has been intertwined with the same fate, then opting for IVF will be an ideal option for you. It might seem risky, but at Mediworld, you will get the right suggestions and customized treatment options to increase the chance of success. So, contact the organization today and make an appointment with them. Good luck!