Surrogacy: Process, Time, Risks and cost
- Mediworld Fertility
- Jan 12, 2021
Today, becoming a parent remains a dream for many couples. Despite the availability of several fertility options, surrogacy remains a feasible option for many in India. There are many reasons why a couple may be unable to conceive naturally, and for them, surrogacy offers a ray of hope. Surrogacy has offered parenthood bliss to many.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- What is surrogacy?
- Who should Consider surrogacy?
- How does it work?
- Legal Formalities for surrogacy
- Pros and Cons of Surrogacy
- How Much Does it Cost
What is surrogacy?
The surrogacy process follows two approaches - traditional and gestational. In the former, the surrogate mother's egg is fertilized either with donor sperm or sperm from the male partner itself.
In the latter case, the couple can combine surrogacy and IVF to implant an embryo in a surrogate body, which does not give her any biological ties to the child conceived through this process. Many couples select a surrogate mother due to an underlying health condition, which prevents women from carrying their child safely for the pregnancy duration.
Who should Consider surrogacy?
There are many reasons why you may want to opt for the surrogacy process to have a child. There are many surrogacy clinics in Delhi where you can consult a doctor for the surrogacy procedure and expect the whole surrogacy process to run smoothly. Some of the cases where women opt for a surrogacy baby are:
- Uterine problems such as recurring fibroids making it difficult for women to conceive and carry a child.
- History of hysterectomy (uterus removal)
- Existing health conditions that can put a woman at risk by undergoing pregnancy.
- Repeated complications with pregnancy such as miscarriages
How does surrogacy work?
After finding the best surrogacy clinic in Delhi, you will go through the following steps to complete the surrogacy process.
- At a surrogacy clinic in Delhi, you will undergo retrieval of egg and sperm. To ensure the surrogacy success rate, the couple will undergo relevant screening tests to check the extraction viability.
- To continue the surrogacy process, you will need to find a surrogate mother willing to carry your baby in her womb.
- Fertility treatments such as IVF at IVF center in delhi will be performed to continue the surrogacy process with a surrogate after undergoing various evaluations and assessments.
- On successful implantation, the surrogacy process advances, and during this time, the couple can take part in the prenatal care of the child and the surrogate mother.
- As per the stipulated surrogacy guidelines, after delivery of the child, the couple attains the rights of the child without any interference of the surrogate.
Legal Formalities for surrogacy
The surrogacy method has legal recognition in India since the year 2002. However, in the absence of enough regulations and mandates, there was a need to introduce a particular ‘Assisted Reproductive Technology Regulation Bill’ in 2008. A separate surrogacy bill was also introduced in the year 2016. Some of the salient features of the bill are as follows:
- Compulsory registration for clinics engaging in surrogacy services.
- No promotion of the registered clinic
- Provisions regarding consent, insurance, and cases under which altruistic surrogacy is permitted.
Pros and Cons of Surrogacy
There are many advantages of reaching out to a surrogacy clinic in Delhi:
- The surrogacy process completes your family.
- Conceiving a surrogacy child enhances relationships between partners.
- Ensures good health for the mother who is unable to undergo pregnancy.
- Suitable option for couples who cannot devote enough time to complete the pregnancy process.
However, a surrogacy treatment comes without a few limitations:
- It is a long process, starting with a surrogacy clinic in Delhi
- It can prove to be expensive because surrogacy cost in Delhi is higher than a normal pregnancy.
- Gives little control to the parents over the pregnancy
How Much Does it Cost
Surrogacy services can cost between 10 Lakhs to 13 Lakhs in India. This cost of surrogacy in Delhi can fluctuate depending on the following factors:
- Expenses of IVF
- Surrogacy cycle
- Medicines and injections
- The requirement of donor egg or sperm
- Compensation to the surrogate mother
- Aftercare for surrogate mother
At Mediworld, best ivf center in delhi, you will get the best suggestion, treatment, and aftercare from highly experienced doctors with affordable cost options.
Surrogacy in Delhi is an assisted technique to become a parent if you cannot conceive a child on your own. The method has advanced by several notches in India in the past few years, making it favourable for parents to seek the treatment. You can walk in at a suitable clinic for this purpose and consult an expert if you wish to undergo the treatment.
2^ 4 Reasons To Consider A Gestational Surrogate In Your IVF Treatment | ReUnite Rx | January 12, 2021
5^ Surrogacy Pros and Cons - A Complete Guide For You! (ascsurrogacy.com) | January 12, 2021
6^ How much does surrogacy cost in India 2021?- Dynamic Fertility | January 12, 2021