Understanding Unexplained Infertility
As the name suggests, unexplained infertility is a case where couples are not able to conceive, and no cause for the same is found. There are reasonably known cases even though not as common where the cause of infertility is not known. In this, a couple might be told that the reason for them not able to conceive naturally cannot be detected even through tests. As per the statistics, about one out of every four fertility challenged couples might be diagnosed with unexplained infertility.
How is Unexplained Infertility Diagnosed?
An infertility case is termed unexplained by the doctor through the elimination process. The doctor carries out all possible tests that might reveal the reason. Once the results are out, they start eliminating. Once the list is complete and all the problems have been eliminated, the doctor terms it as unexplained infertility. This is truly the case if the couple has been trying for certain years naturally and then went for the testing.
To list what all the doctors check:
- Regular ovulation
- Good condition of ovarian reserves
- Healthy and open fallopian tubes
- Hysteroscopy result in eliminating uterine fertility issues
- Partner’s semen analysis
If a doctor skips out on any one of these checks, then it is not unexplained infertility yet. A case of unexplained infertility can be established only once the results of each examination are normal. In some cases, Endometriosis might also be the cause, but if the patient is not undergoing any severe pains, then the doctor might not consider suggesting a check-up for Endometriosis.
In case the patients are not able to find the causes of unexplained infertility and are looking for the right treatment, IUI for Unexplained Infertility might be the best choice to consider.
How can IUI be useful for Unexplained Infertility?
Intrauterine Insemination, IUI, is the process where a specially washed sperm sample is injected directly into the uterus of the female at the precise time of the ovulation. This artificial insemination process is beneficial as it increases the chances of successful egg fertilization by ensuring that the best quality and right quantity of sperm has been placed at the right time and the right place. This process is not time-consuming and also cost-effective over other methods like IVF.
Through IUI, the doctors ensure that the time is just right (ovulation) to overcome the last possible cause of unexplained infertility. This has led to many positive cases of conceiving.
How Successful is IUI for Unexplained Infertility?
When you think about the IUI success rates in the case of unexplained infertility, you need to keep these two measures in mind during your assessment:
- How frequently the IUI treatment results in a live birth? The higher the rate of live birth, the more successful this treatment is.
- How frequently the IUI treatment results in multiple live births of twins, triplets, or quadruplets? Since multiple births are dangerous, the lower the frequency, the higher the success rate of the treatment with complete safety.
The rate of success also depends on the woman being treated. The factors that affect are age, weight, previous treatment cycle if opted, lifestyle, and so on. These factors are different for every woman, and therefore the way they respond to IUI treatment in Delhi also differs.
For example, some women might be able to conceive in the first IUI cycle. While others need a couple or more cycles to achieve the same result. For some, the cycles do not work, but they may be able to conceive naturally later as the treatment might have increased their chances. In all cases, there is success in some or the other way.
With this, it has been observed that with every IUI cycle chances of conceiving for a couple increase exponentially.
Lifestyle Changes in Unexplained Infertility Treatment
If you could not find any possible causes of unexplained infertility, then the next step is to work on improving your overall health. Some commonly explained lifestyle changes that can be considered a part of unexplained infertility treatment are as follows:
- Weight is an essential factor in conceiving. If you are overweight, then it is crucial to work on reducing it and embracing exercise in routine.
- If you are a regular or occasional smoker and drinker, it is advisable to quit these completely as they may adversely affect many parts of the body that might directly/indirectly contribute to conceiving.
- If your day begins with a shot of caffeine, then it is better to cut back on the consumption and make it occasional. Some of the unique ingredients within a caffeinated material may not be baby-friendly.
- One of the prime factors in hormone fluctuation is stress. If you are facing pressure in daily life, then it is better to find stress-relieving activities that can bring your hormones to be normal and help you relax enough to conceive.
These lifestyle changes are merely precautions that might prove to be helpful. But these are not sure-shot treatment steps that will guarantee success at Best IVF center in Delhi. These will only help you make your chances better.