A hysteroscopy, in essence, is an advanced medical procedure, which is usually used to evaluate an individual’s uterus. The method involves the usage of a tiny device that is inserted by the doctor to perform the aforementioned assessment. However, as you can already understand, hysteroscopy in Delhi generally does not follow any invasive process in any manner. Therefore, the patient generally would not require too much downtime to get healed properly.
A hysteroscopy Surgery is a procedure that helps surgeons check your uterus for the diagnosis and subsequent treatment of irregular bleeding issues. Surgeons use the hysteroscope, a thin, lighted tube to examine the inside of the uterus and the cervix to check for causes. The tube is inserted into the vagina and helps to diagnose any intrauterine pathology. Furthermore, the procedure also serves as a method for surgical intervention. An operative hysteroscopic procedure can remove polyps, tumors, adhesions, and fibroids from the uterus.
For What Conditions Hysteroscopy is Used?
As mentioned before, hysteroscopy is generally performed for evaluation purposes. Thus, it, alone, cannot cure any health condition. A patient might be asked to undergo a hysteroscopy procedure if she –
- Has had abnormal results during the last pap test
- Suffering from moderate to severe uterine bleeding
- Has experienced massive bleeding right after menopause
- Needs to diagnose the primary cause of her repeated miscarriages or infertility
- Has to remove or undergo uterine polyp, scarring, or fibroid assessment process
- Needs to discover and eliminate displaced intrauterine devices (IUDs)
Besides, the procedure can also be ideal for removing an endometrial lining or placing small birth control devices inside the uterus.
Why hysteroscopy is required?
Diagnostic hysteroscopy is used to identify problems of the uterus and is used to check the results of tests, like hysterosalpingography (HSG). HSG is an X-ray test used to check the uterus and fallopian tubes. Diagnostic hysteroscopy can be done in an office setting and can be repeated if required.
Operative hysteroscopy is used to fix any abnormal condition that has been found while diagnostic hysteroscopy. This avoids the need for a second surgery. A small piece of equipment is inserted through the hysteroscope which is used to correct such conditions during the operative procedure. The operative procedure is used to remove the non-cancerous growths like polyps, fibroids, also adhesions, uterine septum and identify the reason for abnormal unexplained bleeding in postmenopausal women. At Mediworld, our doctor may ratify scheduling the hysteroscopy for the first week after your menstrual period. The doctor will have the best view of the inside of your uterus during this period.
Compared to other invasive procedures hysteroscopy has advantages like shorter hospital stay with shorter recovery time, avoidance of abdominal surgery and hysterectomy, and very few pain medications after the procedure. In short a very safe non-surgical procedure.
Types of Hysteroscopy
There are two main types of hysteroscopy, namely Diagnostic Hysteroscopy and Operative Hysteroscopy.
A Diagnostic Hysteroscopy is used to diagnose the different problems of the uterus. A doctor will use this procedure to confirm the results of other tests of the uterus and cervix, such as the HSG or Hysterosalpingography. HSG is an X-ray dye test that helps to check the fallopian tubes and the uterus. A Diagnostic Hysteroscopy is usually done in the clinic itself and is not a surgical procedure.
In contrast, an Operative Hysteroscopy is a surgical procedure used to correct an abnormal condition of the uterus. In this procedure, the surgeon inserts small instruments into the uterus through the hysteroscope and simultaneously fixes the issues. Some of the conditions that can be treated with an Operative Hysteroscopy include Fibroids, Polyps, Adhesions, Uterine Septums, and any abnormal bleeding.
How is Hysteroscopy Performed?
Contrary to popular belief, hysteroscopy in Delhi can be quite complicated. Therefore, instead of performing the same, your primary doctor may suggest you to a specialist clinic, like Mediworld Fertility. The procedure usually includes the following steps –
- The doctor will begin the session of hysteroscopy by spreading the cervix by using a tool known as a speculum.
- After that, the hysteroscopy device will be inserted through the vaginal opening of the patient. The specialist will keep moving the tool through the cervix to reach the uterus quickly, without harming the organ.
- After this, the doctor will send liquid carbon dioxide gas through the device into your uterus. The step is usually done to clear the surface of your uterus and widen it slightly for a better outcome.
- While inside, the light, as well as the camera, will help the doctor to see the real-time image of your fallopian tubes and cervix. Thus, he/she will be able to perform a proper diagnostic procedure to detect the disease promptly. In case of surgery, the doctor will insert the surgical tools following the insertion of the hysteroscope.
The procedure is not necessarily painful. Nevertheless, you may experience mild to moderate cramping during the same. Furthermore, a persistent feeling of discomfort in the vaginal area can also be quite common in this aspect. However, most doctors usually induce a sedative in the veins of the patients to keep them neutralized and relaxed during the procedure. The extent of the same will depend on the purpose and location of the procedure.
Recovery After Hysteroscopy
You can resume your regular schedule soon after getting a hysteroscopy. However, if your hysteroscopy isn’t purely diagnostic and requires surgery, you may need a day or two to rest before continuing with your daily schedule.
An Operative Hysteroscopy is a minor surgical procedure and typically does not require the patient to stay in the hospital overnight. However, if you have been given local or general anesthesia, or if your doctor is concerned about your reaction to the anesthesia, you may have to be kept under observation for a few hours before you can go home.
A few days after the procedure, you may experience slight cramping, nausea, dizziness, or vaginal bleeding. You may also feel shoulder pain due to the anesthesia, in addition to feeling bloated for about a day after the hysteroscopy. However, your doctor will provide you with the necessary medication that you must take regularly.
For at least two weeks after the hysteroscopy, you will have to avoid any sexual intercourse to prevent any infection and not indulge in any strenuous activities. Regardless, you can resume your day-to-day activities as early as a day after the procedure.
Why Choose Mediworld Fertility for Hysteroscopy?
There are several reasons, which put Mediworld Fertility a level above the other similar healthcare centers. Some of these are as follows –
- Efficient: Since its inception, Mediworld Fertility has always attempted to offer the best service to its patients. Due to this reason, the overall stature of the technical aspects and efficiency of the doctors is quite overwhelming. Therefore, no matter which disease you are suffering from, you will always get the best and most proficient treatment from us.
- Affordable: Contrary to popular belief, the infertility-related treatment procedures in Mediworld are quite affordable. In case you are undergoing a tragic monetary issue, be sure to inform the organization about the same before the treatment. They will surely help you out by reducing the cost of the same and aid you in some other aspect.
- High-end Technology: An infertility treatment, in essence, is quite advanced and complex. Therefore, to make the same successful, a clinic needs to use high-end technology and sophisticated tools. The Mediworld Infertility has almost everything that a doctor may need to perform the said treatment successfully. So, with them, a patient will feel much secure and safe regarding their condition.
In addition, at Mediworld Fertility, the doctors usually provide a decent aftercare facility as well. It helps the patient to heal up pretty quickly without suffering from any consequential limitation. You may have to expend a small amount of money to avail of the services. However, they are definitely worth it.
Hysteroscopy Cost in Delhi
The hysteroscopy cost in Delhi depends on the kind of treatments required like a biopsy, removal of the polyps or fibroids, and removal of the endometrial lining. Mediworld is one of the well-known and best hysteroscopy centers in Delhi that puts forward the most reasonable cost in India with the highest success rate. Our center consists of a team with outstanding surgeons, who have years of experience in resolving the matter of reproductive problems in women.
How Much Does Hysteroscopy Cost alongside IVF?
IVF is an advanced fertility procedure, which is generally used to cure infertility amongst couples. However, it cannot be done alone. Before beginning the procedure, your doctor will ask you to undergo a hysteroscopy at least once. Thus, if you are going through the same alongside IVF, then the hysteroscopy cost in Delhi would be – INR 12,000 to INR 25,000.
Hysteroscopy Cost in Delhi at Mediworld Fertility
Usually, a standalone hysteroscopy cost in Delhi tends to be much larger than when it is done alongside a major treatment. Moreover, the expenditure regarding the same may also increase depending on the location, stature of the clinic, and other aspects. Nonetheless, if you are choosing Mediworld Fertility for your purpose, then you would not have to pay too much for the procedure. On average, the cost of hysteroscopy here usually revolves around INR 17,280 to INR 26,250. The expenditure may decrease even more if you are undergoing IVF.
As stated previously, a hysteroscopy can be suggested due to several reasons. The procedure might be used to perform a specific type of surgery as well. However, it is possible for the patient to have inquiries about their general health and the effect of the technique on the same. In this aspect, we would urge you to ask anything you need to know, to the doctor. They will definitely help you to learn more in this aspect and relieve you from being anxious.
Benefits of Hysteroscopy in Delhi
Compared to other more invasive procedures to diagnose and treat the uterus' conditions, a Hysteroscopy offers quite a few benefits to the patient. Some of these include:
- A Hysteroscopy is a minimally invasive procedure, which leaves the patient with no scars
- Since it is mostly an outpatient procedure, it requires a shorter stay in the hospital
- The recovery time of a Hysteroscopy is relatively lesser
- The patient requires little to no pain medication after the surgery
- With a Diagnostic Hysteroscopy, a patient can avoid a complete Hysterectomy
- A patient can also prevent open abdominal surgery, which is very invasive
- Diagnosis of abnormalities in the uterine cavity, such as polyps, septum, or submucous fibroids, is easier
Risks and Complications of Hysteroscopy
Hysteroscopy is considered a relatively safe procedure, which is minimally invasive and has little to no complications. However, as with any surgery, hysteroscopy also has a few risks and complications associated with it, although they are quite rare. Some of these include:
- Uterine infection
- Heavy bleeding
- Risks and complications due to anesthesia
- Intrauterine scarring
- Injury to the uterus, cervix, ovaries, bladder, or bowel
- Adverse reaction to the medicine/ substance used for expanding the uterus
- Tearing or damage to the cervix
- Problems with the fluid or gas from the uterus
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
After getting a hysteroscopy, if you experience any of the following, you should contact your doctor immediately:
- Heavy bleeding
- Severe pain in the lower abdomen