Ask the Experts
Understanding the Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Options
Infertility is a common issue faced by many couples today, and can be a challenging and emotional journey for those affected. The inability to conceive or carry a pregnancy to term can be a result of a variety of factors, ranging from physical conditions to lifestyle choices. At Mediworld Fertility, our team of experts is dedicated to providing comprehensive care and support to couples facing infertility.
What is Infertility?
Infertility Overview is defined as the inability to conceive after one year of trying (or six months for women over 35). This can be due to a variety of factors, including male infertility, female infertility, or a combination of both. Infertility can be caused by a variety of physical and lifestyle factors, such as age, weight, health conditions, and more.
What Are Symptoms of Infertility?
Infertility is often a silent condition and can be difficult to diagnose. However, there are certain symptoms and warning signs that can indicate the presence of infertility. Some common symptoms of infertility in women include:
- Irregular or absent menstrual cycles
- Painful or heavy periods
- Ovarian cysts
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
In men, common symptoms of infertility include:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low sperm count
- Abnormal sperm shape and motility
What are the Causes of Infertility?
Infertility can be caused by a variety of physical and lifestyle factors, including:
- Age: Women’s fertility declines with age, especially after the age of 35.
- Weight: Being overweight or underweight can affect fertility.
- Health conditions: Certain medical conditions, such as endometriosis, PCOS, and thyroid disorders can affect fertility.
- Lifestyle choices: Smoking, drinking alcohol, and drug use can all negatively impact fertility.
- Stress: Chronic stress has been shown to affect fertility.
- Environmental factors: Exposure to toxins and pollutants can affect fertility.
Treatment Options for Infertility
Once the cause of infertility has been diagnosed, the next step is to develop a treatment plan. At Mediworld Fertility, we offer a range of treatment options, including:
- Medications: Hormonal medications can help regulate the menstrual cycle and stimulate ovulation.
- Surgery: Certain medical conditions, such as endometriosis and fibroids, can be treated with surgery.
- Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ARTs): ARTs, such as in vitro fertilization (IVF), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), and blastocyst culture and embryo transfer (BCET), can be used to help couples conceive.
If you are struggling with infertility, our team of experts at Mediworld Fertility is here to help. Schedule a consultation today to learn more about the available treatment options and how we can help improve your chances of a successful pregnancy.