IVF Treatment in Delhi and IVF Treatment Cost in Delhi
The term IVF, or In-Vitro Fertilization, usually indicates a series of medical procedures, which can help with fertility. Besides, an individual can also opt for an IVF treatment in Delhi to prevent the newborn from having any genetic anomalies.
During the procedure, the doctor will collect or retrieve mature eggs from the ovary and fertilize them with active sperms. Then, he/she will transfer the embryo (fertilized eggs) to a healthy uterus to contribute to the birth of the baby.
However, the aforementioned steps are usually done separately for better clarification and efficiency. In some cases, a single cycle of the procedure might require almost three weeks to complete. So, being patient and calm is the key to success in this aspect.
Which Causes of Infertility Can Be Treated by IVF?
IVF is best suited for treating a range of fertility issues including:
- Women who have blocked or absent fallopian tubes or endometriosis
- Men suffering from low sperm count
- Women’s age
- Ovulation problems, for example, caused by polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Unexplained infertility
For individuals who are known carriers of genetic disorders, IVF with preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) is one of the most reliable ways to ensure that a child conceived will not suffer from the disorder.
IVF with donor sperm can help patients who suffer from male infertility achieve this goal.
Usually, IVF treatment is considered to be the last resort for couples who are unable to conceive. However, unlike the other less-invasive method, this procedure can cure several severe causes of Infertility.
Here, in this section, we will be talking about the contributors to infertility that can be treated with IVF. So, let's get started.
- Blockage or Damage of the Fallopian Tube: A blockage of the fallopian tube will not allow the eggs to be fertilized properly and if fertilized, it can prevent the embryo from traveling to the uterus for further maturation.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis is a type of uterine disorder that occurs when the uterine tissues begin growing outside the uterus. They can affect the natural function of your ovary, fallopian tubes, and uterus.
- Ovulation Disorder: For some known and unknown reasons, the procedure of ovulation becomes absent or infrequent. Consequently, it can lead to the availability of fewer eggs for proper fertilization.
- Uterine Fibroids: Fibroids are, in essence, a type of benign tumor, which grows in the uterine walls and interferes with the implantation of fertilized eggs. It is usually more common amongst women aged above 40.
Besides the aforementioned ones, IVF can also be ideal for impaired sperm functioning, genetic disorders, tubal sterilization, etc.
How Do I Prepare for In-Vitro Fertilization?
Undergoing the procedure of an IVF treatment is a delicate decision. Hence, before choosing it, you will need to consult with your personal physician. Once you are determined and ready, you will need to begin preparing for the procedure at the earliest.
To begin with, you will need to find and opt for such an organization that has a higher success rate. Going through the reviews of the doctors can also be ideal for you. After you have found out a suitable option, you may have to go through the following evaluative procedures –
- Ovarian reserve testing (to assess the quality and quantity of the eggs by evaluating the proficiency of the FSH hormone)
- Semen analysis (to learn about the eminence of the sperms of your partner)
- Mock embryo transfer (to appraise the depth of the uterine cavity and the possible success rate of the procedure)
- Uterine assessment (to learn more about the current condition of the uterus and detect the presence of a disease)
- Screening for infectious disease (to avert or prevent the risk of genetic diseases being transferred into the embryos)
In addition, your doctor may also perform a general physical evaluation to determine the current condition of your health. The IVF treatment cost in Delhi may increase or decrease depending on the number of tests you will be undergoing.
How does IVF work?
IVF is part of what we call ART (Assisted Reproductive Technologies) which allows fertility doctors to help struggling couples get pregnant when natural fertilization cannot take place.
The word IVF stands for ‘In Vitro Fertilisation’, in vitro meaning ‘in the dish’, this is because the fertilization takes place outside of the body. The IVF treatment in Delhi process involves first the collection of the female and males gametes. The most advanced techniques are used to extract the most active, mature, and morphologically normal sperm to be used to fertilize the oocytes. The oocytes are inseminated with the prepared sperm samples and kept overnight for fertilization. The fertilized egg (embryo) is allowed to grow in a protected environment for some days before being transferred into the woman’s uterus.
IVF Treatment Procedure at Mediworld
Our fertility specialist along with our embryologists will study your specific situation and determine if IVF is the right course of treatment for you. For many couples, IVF treatment in Delhi is the most suitable option.
So where do we begin?
Step 1 • Initiation of the IVF Cycle
At first, few blood tests will be done to ensure all hormonal levels are optimal for beginning the cycle. During the first phase of an IVF cycle, women are typically given medications that may include oral contraceptives or estrogen to coordinate the start of the treatment cycle. This step is essential for women with irregular menstrual cycles.
Step 2 • Ovulation Induction
The next step of the IVF cycle involves the female partner starting ovarian stimulation, carefully managed by a fertility specialist.
Women with a history of irregular menses and/or ovulatory dysfunction, or women with unexplained infertility benefit from ovulation induction. Hormonal medications in the form of injections or oral tablets are used to induce ovulation. The first injection is an FSH injection, which stands for Follicle Stimulating Hormone. These medications stimulate endogenous production of hormones, this, in turn, results in the stimulation of the ovary to mature and release one or more eggs.
How many injections do you need for IVF?
Injectable medications are typically more effective than oral medications and are often used when oral medications have been unsuccessful. Typically, you will receive injections for 8 to 10 days for the body to produce more mature eggs for retrieval and return to the clinic for the next procedure.
Your doctor will conduct an ultrasound scan and a blood test to confirm the progress of ovulation.
Step 3: Collection and preparation of the gametes (the oocyte and sperm)
At the end of the stimulation, all the oocytes are collected through a procedure called ‘oocyte pick up’.
The embryologist plays an important role in the IVF procedure for fertilization. Their role is to collect eggs and sperms, management of gamets, preparing semen samples, selecting healthy eggs, and overall assisting in creating a viable embryo. The key responsibility of an embryologist is the screening of the genetic material of embryos for any abnormalities or diseases, followed by selecting the healthy embryo for a healthy baby. They are also involved in the freezing of eggs, sperm, or embryos as well as preparing donor gamers or embryo during the IVF treatment in the Delhi process
On a day of egg collection, you will be given anesthesia to ensure you are comfortable during the process. This process takes around 5-10 minutes; you will be completely asleep whilst your fertility doctor uses a small needle, to drain the follicles. The eggs are located and collected under the guidance of ultrasound.
If your partner is supplying the semen sample, it is collected and prepared by the embryologist. The healthiest motile sperm are isolated for the fertilization process. Then, these selected healthy sperms are placed with eggs in culture dishes in the incubator overnight.
Step 4: Embryo development and selection
Once fertilization has taken place, the fertilized eggs are transferred to a new specialized culture medium to support the next stage of their development and growth. Our embryology team closely examines and records the embryo’s development. These fertilized eggs develop in an incubator over a five-day period where they will divide and grow into Blastocysts.
The Genetic laboratory will check and evaluate the fertilized embryos based on their DNA collected from embryo cells. They will check whether embryos have the right number of chromosomes and all the necessary structures are in place for healthy development.
If you do not require PGT testing, the selection of embryos is done by an experienced embryologist based on the morphology of the embryo. The healthy embryos that will give the best chance of achieving a viable pregnancy are identified for embryo transfer.
Step 5: Embryo transfer
During the embryo transfer, your doctor will use a catheter to transfer the embryo under the guidance of the ultrasound to ensure appropriate placement. This procedure is not painful and very much like a PAP smear, it takes about five minutes and you can return to work afterward.
Step 6: Embryo Cryopreservation
If you have a number of viable embryos, you may want to consider freezing them for future use. The process is known as cryopreserving. Your fertility specialist will discuss this option with you in detail during your IVF cycle.
About 10-15 days after embryo transfer a pregnancy test is done. If you have missed this period it’s a distinct sign of pregnancy, nevertheless, you will always undergo a pregnancy blood test for confirmation. Once pregnancy has been confirmed, you will be shifted to OB/GYN to continue pre-natal care.
What to Expect After IVF treatment?
If you’re going through IVF, it is also important to look after your physical health with plenty of exercises, healthy food, and rest as well as your mental health with stress management exercises. The success rate depends on many factors including the age of the mother and a particular fertility problem. The younger you are, and the healthier your eggs are, the higher your chances of success.
For many couples, the journey to parenthood does not always as quickly as they expect. For some people, IVF is immediately successful. For others, this journey can be more drawn out, with many ups and downs.
One cycle of IVF treatment cost in Delhi takes up to six weeks to complete. In a successful cycle, one or more embryos will implant in your uterine wall and will continue to grow. You can take a pregnancy test in about two weeks. The time between embryo transfer and your pregnancy test can be emotionally charged with anxiety and expectation. Professional counselors will be available to help you and your partner cope with the stress of waiting.
Even though there are few side effects related to hormonal drugs, specialists have become much better at recognizing and managing symptoms. Also, there is the option of a low-dose drug or Mini IVF. Additionally, IVF is serving as an effective tool with preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) to ensure that a child conceived will not suffer from any genetic disorder. The genetic testing of embryos is now able to improve the chances of a successful outcome and it screens embryos for chromosomal disorders as well.
After the completion of the procedure, you will need to be careful about your health and consider talking with the doctor regularly. The doctor might also ask you to visit him/her following two weeks of the egg retrieval to test your blood sample. This, in turn, will help them to understand whether you have conceived or not.
In case you become pregnant, then your doctor will refer you to a pregnancy specialist or an obstetrician to undergo prenatal care. This way, it will be easier for you to take care of your baby and stay healthy. Besides, by attending prenatal care sessions regularly, you can also reduce the risk of pregnancy-related complications.
However, if you are not pregnant, then you will need to stop taking progesterone-related medications. You may get your period after the procedure within the following week. However, if you are experiencing unusual bleeding during this period, then be sure to contact your doctor. You may also try another cycle of IVF to increase your chance of becoming a mother.
Why choose Mediworld for IVF Treatment in Delhi?
Mediworld Fertility Centre offers one of the best IVF treatment in Delhi. For years we have been helping people to achieve their dreams of becoming parents.
At Mediworld, we offer the most effective and affordable fertility treatments, delivered with expertise and care. We believe that no two couples are the same and we offer personalized plans for each couple to give them the best chance at conception. This is what sets us apart from every other fertility clinic.
Our highly experienced teams including fertility specialists, embryologists, counselors, and nursing staff, are here to support you every step of the way. They each have a wealth of experience and are committed to excellence and positive patient outcomes. Our fertility specialists will ensure that your treatment is designed specifically for your needs and circumstances. Our counselors offer a highly supportive environment while going through treatment. Together we ensure you receive a comprehensive, supportive, and personalized experience.
Success Rate of IVF at Mediworld Fertility
The success rate of IVF treatment in Delhi usually depends on several crucial factors, such as –
- Your age (younger people have a higher chance of success)
- The condition that is affecting your uterus
- Overall health condition
- Duration of infertility
- The development of your endometrial tissues
- The condition of your uterus during the Luteal phase
The average success rate of the procedure has been almost 40% amongst the women who are aged 35 or less. However, for 40+ people, the chance reduces to around 30% to 35%.
Factors Affecting the IVF Treatment Cost in Delhi
There are several factors that can affect the cost of IVF treatment in Delhi. The following are a few of them –
- The age of the patient and the number of additional treatments they might need
- The usage rate of ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection)
- Cost of the donor eggs
- The usage of the rate of testicular sperm injection (TESA)
How Much Does IVF Treatment Cost in Delhi at Mediworld Fertility
On average, you will have to pay around INR 1,00,000 to INR 3,50,000 to undergo the IVF treatment at Mediworld Fertility.
Choosing fertility treatment is an important decision and cost is likely to be a contributing factor. Many factors influence the complete cost of your IVF journey.
The IVF treatment cost in Delhi is still very much affordable when compared to other Western countries. The average IVF cost for one cycle of IVF in India ranges from INR 1,00,000 to 3,50000 and because these are typically not covered by health insurance, patients need to pay out-of-pocket.
Things that are typically considered in IVF treatment cost in Delhi include:
- Ultrasounds and blood tests
- Fees for day surgery procedures including Local anesthetic, fees of the fertility specialist and nursing team
- Your lab tests and ultrasound tests
- Counseling sessions
- This cost does not include your fees for an initial consultation, or the cost of additional medications, ovulation medications, additional cycles, embryo freezing, the use of donor eggs, or genetic testing.
IVF cost varies from one city to another as well as from one clinic to another. Most clinics have transparency in payment/fee structures and financial assistants to guide you. For couples who require more than one cycle of IVF, this is very crucial.
The issue of infertility can be excruciatingly painful for any couple. Therefore, if you are suffering from the same, be sure to undergo the treatment that might cure your problem. It might not work out during the first session. However, there’s no need to feel unfortunate about it. Going through infertility treatments consequently can improve the success rate of the same.
IVF success rates have been increasing since its conception, due to advancements in technology and methods. Since IVF was pioneered by Sir Robert Edwards and Patrick Steptoe in 1978, the technique has helped millions of people become parents.
Your chances of success depend upon the few most important factors namely, the age of the intended mother, lifestyle factors such as smoking, drinking alcohol, obesity, etc., and causes of infertility.
Your treatment may include other testing or investigations, medications, lifestyle changes, or low-intervention strategies to assist you to achieve a pregnancy.
Instead of relying on general success rates, it’d be better to ask your IVF doctor for the chances of success in your specific situation.
What are the side effects of IVF?
As a medical treatment, IVF treatment in Delhi comes with a small chance of developing side effects. Many of these side effects are associated with hormonal medications.
- Mood swings and hormonal effects: You and your partner may be receiving hormone medications that can affect your mood, potentially impacting your emotional and sexual relationship. This can put a strain on your relationship with your partner. It’s important to keep talking and listening to each other as you go through the experience. Other common side-effects from fertility drugs are usually mild and temporary such as hot flushes, headaches, etc.
- Premature births: There is growing concern that high stimulation during IVF increases the chance that a baby is born prematurely. This problem can be avoided by opting for low drug approaches (Mini IVF, Mild IVF).
- Multiple pregnancies: During IVF, the practice of transferring multiple embryos to a woman’s uterus increases her chance of pregnancy, but also increases the chances of having multiple pregnancies. However, the overall risk for multiples is decreased when a single blastocyst transfer is done.
- You may discuss with your fertility specialist the risk of multiple pregnancies and together, you can determine the appropriate number of embryos to transfer depending on your medical situation.
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS): OHSS is a rare condition that occurs when fertility medications cause too many follicles to be produced in the ovaries. It is more likely in patients with PCOS. The fertility specialist will recommend a lower dose of medications in such cases.
- Stress and anxiety: Going through IVF treatment can be a highly emotional experience for many. It can be both physically and emotionally stressful thus many reputable clinics offer specially trained and qualified counselors to help couples through the emotionally challenging aspects of IVF.